Best software for Web Developers
There are more than 3, 400 courses, bootcamps, and other materials related to Web development on SkilledUp. They cover everything from the very basics to more advanced topics like ASP.NET and C#, responsive Web development, and building Web APIs.
From these offerings you can put together an educational program that meets your needs, whether your goal is to become a full-time programmer or simply learn the fundamentals so you can work more effectively with your company’s development team.
To get you started, here are some courses and bootcamps to consider. In putting this list together, we’ve focused on programs that cover the basic topics you’ll need to master as a Web developer. You can find courses that cover more specific subjects — like Rails, Django, PHP, and MySQL — by searching here.
- Become a Frontend Developer (Thinkful): A good starting point for beginners. During the course, you’ll create working websites including an online resume, a clone of Google’s home page, and an interactive shopping list, all while working with a professional developer/mentor.
- Fundamentals of Web Development (Code Union): In this great course for beginners, you’ll learn the building blocks of Web software, including computer networking, HTTP, object-oriented software design, database architecture, HTML, CSS, and the Document Object Model.
- : An intense, 14-week program that immerses you into the real world of software development. As part of a development team, you’ll build and deploy leading-edge websites and create a portfolio that includes social networking, e-commerce, and other sites.
- Skillcrush – Web Developer Bootcamp: A three-month blueprint to everything you need to know to develop working websites. Covering both the front and back ends, it includes structured lessons, real-world exercises, master classes, and instructors available at every step.
- Turing – Web Development Bootcamp: A full-time, seven-month program that covers building Web applications with Ruby, Sinatra, Rails, the world of APIs and high-performance Web services. While the bootcamp is held in Denver, graduates have found jobs around the country.