Web Development London
*One candidate, one application*
We can only accept one scheme application per candidate. Applying for more than one scheme could mean that you won't be considered for your preferred choice.
Our digital services help London's passengers to plan and pay for millions of journeys each day. They rely on us for accurate real-time transport information; even when they are underground. As more people use digital devices in their journey planning, there will be more reliance on pairing technology and good customer care.
Salaries will differ according to the scheme. However all our schemes offer a competitive package with the minimum London living wage
|This scheme is now closed.
Initially, you'll have a three-day induction based in London, which tells you all you need to know about us, your role and where it fit in. Following that, you'll begin an intensive development program, designed to give your career a real kickstart.
This scheme could lead to a role as a junior developer. In this role, you would work under supervision on the development and maintenance of web sites, focusing on the back end technologies of the database, API's, and server side web pages. The role would rotate through projects as they become available, encouraging you to learn from multiple areas of the business, the people, and the technology. The work would be a mixture of bug fixes, product enhancements, and brand new development, with focus on new development in early years.
As a junior developer you would be encouraged to study independently and to contribute to the roadmap of future technologies and products.
Who we need
We're looking for motivated people who:
- Demonstrate a talent for programming
- Show enthusiasm for learning
- Welcome a challenge
- Are motivated to build on their education in their own time and share what they learn with others
- Can demonstrate good problem-solving skills
- Have common sense and a professional attitude in a working environment
- Are flexible, proactive and willing approach to learning the disciplines of the field
- Can interact with colleagues, users and managers
- Contribute in a professional environment
- Are ready to grow into excellent developers
What you get out of it
As a web apprentices, you'll receive training in current development techniques, experience first-rate enterprise technologies and architecture, access to some of the best minds in the profession today, and benefits hard to beat in the commercial world.
During your apprenticeship, you'll gain:
- Hands-on training at various London locations provided by our training partners
- Mentoring by in-house staff who will pass on their extensive knowledge
- Deep coding skills in C# and a variety of supporting tools and languages
- Experience of building web sites in the most current Microsoft technologies
- A good understanding of databases, data design and the full software development life cycle
Once your apprenticeship starts, you'll also be able to work towards:
- A Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) in Software Development Fundamentals
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in IT Systems and Principles
- City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in IT Professional Competence
You will also receive:
- At least 29 days annual leave, plus standard public holidays
- Free travel on our networks (Zones 1-9) with an Oyster card for you and one member of your household
- A 75% reimbursement on the price of an annual travel ticket outside of our network - plus an interest-free, 10-month loan to pay for it
- Pension scheme membership
- Optional private medical benefit