Web Developer London
Our London team is growing. We quickly outgrew our Farringdon office and moved to Soho. We are hiring for talented PHP Developers to join us on this adventure in the capital.Salary:
Founded by developers and with over three quarters of our team from a technical background, you won't find anyone pressuring you to "just make it work" because we know that this is not how you write great code or do great work. We care about how our sites are built as much as how they look.
We have had to grow up a bit along the way but we've worked hard not to lose that "us against the world" attitude that makes it fun. What's more, things aren't slowing up and we're hungry for talented people that want to come and be a part of it.
A handful of our development projects include:
- For award winning jewellery brand Monica Vinader, we optimised their entire supply chain management process end-to-end, building a complete inventory management system from the ground up capable of handling everything from supplier ordering / invoicing, stock receipts, inventory tracking & pricing - all integrated with the front-end web shop as well as a barcode scanning application developed for use in order fulfilment.
- For Loaf, a rapidly growing furniture retailer, we recently developed EPOS functionality utilising web technology and the existing e-commerce platform to handle in-store sales
- Sipsmith's 100 Martinis app: Sipsmith hosted a world first, a pop-up bar serving 100 different Martinis curated by Sipsmith's Master Distiller and Martini historian Jared Brown. D3R created a unique iPad based experience to guide customers through the cocktails on offer and allow them to place orders with the waiting mixologists through the custom-built ordering system.
- For boutique and luxury hotel specialist Mr & Mrs Smith, the creation of a complete hotel booking and availability system with management of Rooms/Rates/Offers/Cancellation Policies/Invoicing/Accounting. This included the creation of a Hotelier portal to allow hoteliers to manage everything from setup to pricing/availability/arrivals lists and reconciliation. After an extensive period of consultation with hoteliers and usability testing, the system is now being used by over 700 hotels from around the world
Skills & Experience Required:
- Excellent working knowledge of the following: PHP, jQuery, HTML5, SASS, Debian, nginx, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, AWS, Gulp.js, Zend Framework
- Developing large-scale websites & web applications for e-commerce
- API integrations (be it for payment gateways, booking engines or ERP solutions) and testing
- Exposure to Cloud technologies - in particular Amazon Web Services
- Experience working agency side is desirable
Competitive salary and a number of perks, including:
- Flexible working hours
- Option to hot desk at Chichester office
- Annual conference / professional development budget
- Dental care
- Childcare vouchers