Sun Certified Developer for Java Web Services
Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Services Developer
SCWSD 1.5 is now known as OCPJWSD 5
Benefits of SCWSD/OCPJWSD 5 Certification
- The Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Services Developer certification is for developers who have been creating web services applications using Java technology components such as those supported by the Glassfish Metro web service stack and the Java Enterprise Edition 5 platform.
- Passing this exam certifies that the candidate has achieved a standard level of proficiency with web services, as well as with the Java technologies that support web services.
- Enhance your salary, job opportunities and credibility through this respected credential.
We are in the process of updating Practice Tests & Line Online Trainings for Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Services Developer Certification. It will be available soon!
Why take certification, when you are already coding in Java?If you are already coding in Java, you must be comfortable with most of the Java fundamentals. The questions is, do you feel your productivity is slow because you are not aware of some of the key stuff in Java? Java certification exams are carefully designed to ensure that you do not miss out any of the Java fundamentals. Moreover, Do you feel a need for industry recognition? Do you think that if you achieve good percentage in Java certification exams, it will impact your credibility on your resume. The statistics suggests that it does and that's why all Java professionals should appear in java certifications exams.
The currency in the skills industry has changed forever. Earlier it use to be Java, Web Components, Servlets etc. Now it is SCJP, SCWCD & SCEA.
SCWSD/OCPJWSD 5 Exam Information
- Certification Name : Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Services Developer
- Exam Code : 1Z0-862
- Duration of Exam : 150 minutes
- Number of Questions : 65 (Multiple Choice)
- Passing score : 65 % (43 out of 65)
- Pre-requisite : Candidate must have any version Oracle Certified Professional, Java Programmer(SE 5 or SE 6 or SE 7) OR Any version of Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP).
Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Services Developer Curriculum
- XML Web Service Standards
- SOAP 1.2 Web Service Standards
- Describing and Publishing (WSDL and UDDI)
- REST, JSON, SOAP and XML Processing APIs (JAXP, JAXB and SAAJ)
- J2EE Web Services
- Developing Web Services
- Web Services Interoperability Technologies
- General Design and Architecture
- Endpoint Design and Architecture
Top reasons to register for SCWSD/OCPJWSD 5 Certification?
- If you are a developer who has been creating web services applications using Java technology components such as those supported by the Glassfish Metro web service stack and the Java Enterprise Edition 5 platform.
- You want to get to a next level of Java Programming.
- Become more valuable to your current/future employer.
How to Prepare for Oracle Certified Professional, Java EE 5 Web Services Developer?
- (Must do) Whether you are at early stage in your preparation or have you written 100s of 1000s of lines of Java code already, it is mandatory that you take a book relevant for this certification.We recommend :
- (Must do) Other than a book, you would also need to appear in reasonable number of practice tests. That will help you to assess you topic-wise preparation level and concentrate your preparation on weak areas. It will also expose you to a variety of OCPJWSD 5 certification exam questions and set the right expectations. In case you want to take a look at some of the sample questions you can try SCWSD/OCPJWSD 5 Sample Practice Questions
- (Optional) Register in a good OCPJWSD forum to post questions and discuss certification exam preparation related queries. This will be helpful for your study. One such forum is
“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Start your preparation today by checking your current level of understanding, appear in free OCPJWSD practice questions.
The Whizlabs exam preparation was a valuable learning resource and I plan on using it again to prepare for (possible) further sun certifications
Carlos Eduardo da Cruz Cunha (Cirurgião Dentista – Implantodontista Natal, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil)
It was small enough that each student got as much personal attention as they needed. I also like the expertise of the instructor. He was very knowledgeable about the material and he was also very patient and explained everything clearly
Viktor Orekoya (Senior Software Engineer Cambridge, United Kingdom)
Whizlabs practice tests are very resourceful
Srikanth V. (Director of Web Operations and Planning at CareTech Solutions)