Java Web development Training
Complete Java Web Development is a crash course in developing cutting edge Web applications using the latest Java EE 6 technologies from Oracle and the open source community. The course builds a strong understanding of Servlet technology as the cornerstone of Java's Web platform. It then shows how JSPs build on the Servlet architecture. Additionally, the class shows students how to use JSTL, custom tags and expression language to reduce Java code in Web pages while adding tremendous power and capability to those pages. The class culiminates in an exploration of Java MVC frameworks like JSF, Struts and Spring MVC.
While focusing on Web technologies, the course also exposes developers to the constant tradeoffs between application robustness and complexity. This is not a class that focuses on theory. Participants will find the course is loaded with practical labs and simulations. After taking this class, developers will be able to build Web applications that perform well, are scalable, and that are easier to maintain.
- Learn how to use Java servlets in the role of Web application control.
- Identify the options to state management in a Java Web application and understand the pros/cons of each.
- Understand how JSPs can help separate Web logic and functionality from page layout.
- Explore how to make JSPs smaller and more powerful with JSTL, custom tags and expression language.
- Explore strategies in the exchange of data between Web pages (views) and business processing (model).
- Learn the meaning and importance of MVC.
This course is designed for Java programmers and Web application designers who have interest in learning how to build or maintain Java Enterprise Edition Web applications.
A solid understanding of Java is required. An understanding of Web technologies like HTML and HTTP is helpful.