Web Developer (Front End)
Your job as a developer at Fastspot will be to work with a team of strategists, writers, designers, and developers to tackle difficult challenges and make the solutions seem obvious. We are a team full of interdisciplinary creators. No one at Fastspot has just one responsibility. We all have our specialties, but our true strength comes from involving the whole team in all phases of our work. By combining our talents, our clients get the best of everything we have to offer.
You will be responsible for: working with designers to translate flat comps into functional sites, producing well organized code, and making decisions based on best practices and user experience.
The ideal candidate will have talent, a discerning eye, a strategic mind, a good attitude, and a love for creating. We prefer that you’re local to Baltimore, MD (or could be in the future), but please contact us regardless. We won’t turn down the perfect fit if location is the only obstacle.
You should be:
- an excellent communicator—it’s important that you can speak intelligently about your ideas and decisions;
- a good teammate;
- excited and knowledgeable about emerging technologies;
- motivated to learn new software, methods, and technology;
- able to prioritize tasks and hit deadlines; and
- willing to learn from mistakes and ask for help.
- Understanding of concepts like responsive web design and grid systems
- Strong knowledge of design principles, typography and standard user interface patterns
- A portfolio demonstrating ability to produce well organized, standards compliant code